To select the appropriate intervention consider what you think the most likely reason is for the student’s behavior problem. This question will help with the selection of a class of behavior intervention (aquisiton, attention seeking/proficiency, escape/proficiency, generalization or classwide). Once selected click on the hypothesized reason for a list of EBI that were developed for that situation.
- Acquisition Interventions – The student needs help learning the appropriate behavior
- Proficiency (Attention Seeking/Reinforcement) Interventions - The student can do the correct behavior, but something needs to change to make that happen
- Proficiency (Escape Something) Interventions- The student can do the correct behavior, but something needs to change to make that happen
- Generalization Interventions - The student needs help doing the behavior in a new setting, time or manner
- Classwide Interventions - It is a small group or class wide problem