To select the appropriate intervention consider what you think the most likely reason is for the student’s reading difficulty. This question will help with the selection of a class of academic intervention (acquisition, accuracy/proficiency, speed/proficiency, generalization or motivation). Once selected click on the hypothesized reason for a list of EBI that were developed for that situation.
- Acquisition Interventions - The task is too hard for the student
- Proficiency/Accuracy Interventions - They have not had enough help doing the task
- Proficiency/Speed Interventions - The student has not spent enough time doing the academic activity
- Generalization Interventions - The student has not done the academic task that way before
- Motivation Interventions - The student does not want to do the academic task